HOLY CRAP I HAD THE MOST AMAZING WEEKEND IN SAN FRANCISCO WITH THE COOLEST FOOD BLOGGERS ON EARTH!@*#^@&. One of them, Anita from Dessert First, is in the photo!
Was that not descriptive enough? How about this:
I had the amazing privilege of spending 3 days with some of the most incredible people on earth. After having this blog for several years now, the world of food blogging and the community of people that take part in it gets smaller and smaller, despite its growing numbers. Twitter and Facebook have helped us all connect in a real time way that depending on emailing or commenting on each others blogs wouldn't let us do before. I landed in San Francisco (after the biggest CF of a flight out there) waiting to meet people I've known for years and have gotten to know better even beyond their blog posts. I compared it to a reunion for people who went to an on-line university.Simply Recipes said, we're building something that's going to last a lot longer than we are. I feel a kinship with the real message and heart of blogging - doing it for the love of doing it and not for what it's going to score you in free stuff. I'm doing this for the love of food, the love of connecting with people and the love of telling a story. In the words of David Leibovitz, this is my "happy place" once again. So to all of you - Jen, Helen, Caitlin, Broderick, Todd and Diane, Jessica, Kalyn, Sam's voice, Lara Ferroni, Matt, Jaden, Hardy (just to name a few - there are so many more)...thank you, thank you, thank you. As I said when I got on the plane to come back to Atlanta, you all have changed me - for the better.
If you'd like to see some select shots of my experience at BlogHer Food '09, please visit my Flickr set.
A few of the first recaps of the event are here and they look as incredible as the time we had:
- All of the seminars from BlogHerFood'09 were live blogged. You can see them here at BlogHer's site.
- A recap over at The Mushroom Channel
- Ree, who is the stunning and incredibly talented woman behind The Pioneer Woman blogs and Tasty Kitchen, posted a really wonderful entry about BlogHer.
- Jen - who is seriously the bee's knees - rounded up her weekend in a spectacular post on Use Real Butter
- Jaden gave us a killer party (along with Ree and Elise), some killer swag and the ability to cheer the release of her cookbook on.
- Lara, whose seminar with Matt was the highlight of the agenda at BlogHer, has posted all of the info from her session on the blog Still Life With.