It's that time of year again. No, I'm not just talking about feeding your face and drinking too much "punch". It's the third annual Menu For Hope, created by Chez Pim. Last year's campaign was a runaway success, raising over $17,000 for UNICEF. This year, the Menu For Hope will benefit the UN World Food Programme.
Last year at this time, I had just started blogging here at Running With Tweezers. While I was too late to get in on the donor action, I spent my fair share on raffle tickets to no avail.This year, it's just not enough for me to try to win something...
I am sponsoring a prize for Menu For Hope!
Editor's Note: This is not my most shining photographic moment. I guess that's what you get for hiring assistants with no thumbs:
This is a collection of yummy stuff that are currently my favorite gourmet goodies. This gift is a green leather two handled serving tray filled with the following:
- Graciously donated from Savor (my favorite foodie store in Atlanta), a divine bottle of Apple Cider Balsamic Vinegar and a bottle of Argentinian first press organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Also, from Savor, a delicious tomato/onion/raisin accompaniment for cheese & a honey and gingerbread Dijon mustard.
- Three pestos and spreads made by Atlanta-based Bella Cucina: Roasted Eggplant (this stuff tastes so smokey and Mediterranean - divine!), Sweet Pumpkin Pesto, and Chestnut Honey Mustard.
- A sauce I just *love* on pork from Stonewall Kitchen - Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce
- A wonderful and original cookbook called Working The Plate - recipes that are accompanied by plating techniques and food styling tips from the chefs themselves.
- Last but not least...a bottle of chamomile-infused Grappa that I first tried on my trip to NYC. It was so spectacular - and unlike anything I had ever tasted - that I bought two bottles: one for you and one for me!
All told, this collection is worth around $170! It's a great way to get involved with such an amazing blog event. Now that you know the details of *my* contribution, go ahead and get started! To bid specifically on my gift, enter the code UC08.
Each region has their own collection of donations. To see everyone from the "Central" region, please visit Kalyn's Kitchen. To see all of the prizes that have been donated, remember that they can all be seen at Chez Pim's Menu For Hope III post. The campaign will run from December 11th through December 22nd. The results and winners will be chosen randomly through a nifty program written by a fellow food blogger and posted on January 15th, 2007.
If you have any other questions that I can help clear up after you read the instructions below, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Now...here's what you should do...
1. Go to the donation page at First Giving:(http://www.firstgiving.com
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW02. The code for Running With Tweezers' gift is UC08.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)